Live free or die


Every now and then I would pass a car with New Hampshire plates and the motto 'Live Free or Die' inscribed above the numbers. The highways are full of good mottos. But TS Eliot put them all in a sack when he coughed up that line about... what was it? Have these Dangerous Drugs fucked my memory? Maybe so. But I think it went something like this: "Between the Idea and the Reality... Falls the Shadow."




-- Hunter S Thompson, from Fear and Loathing: on the campaign trail '72.


Details. I'm still working out what the hell is going on in photoshop/backgrounds. But I really liked this drawing, which I think was a direct result of it being started on a scrappy bit of paper with spray paint smudged on it... I always end up liking the stuff that doesn't start out serious.


1 comment:

  1. How can I contact you? I'd love to get a piece/image commissioned.

    Cherri

    lovecherrionline@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...