Artist // Anthony Lister

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
All work by Anthony Lister
So, I've been meaning to start this for a while... and here it is: the inaugural, weekly artists-who-inspire-me-and-have-shaped-how-I-work-and-think-about-art spot. 
I was originally planning on it being just one post, but I made a list of artists to include... and it promptly became a huge list.
So I'll start where I feel like I started, when it came to developing my own style and finding out there were other -- more irreverent, interesting and wild -- ways to engage in portraiture. That development and discovery was influenced a lot by Anthony Lister's style. 
And also, for me, Lister meant that not every great young artist came out of San Francisco or New York, or if they were Australian, Melbourne. I lived in Brisbane (which, as far as east-coast capital cities in Australia go, is often considered a bit of a backwater) for four years, and seeing his work around the place was a constant reminder that the culture of the place you come from is not directly proportional to the culture you cultivate or create.   
But anyway, all that kinda speaks for itself, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...