Sketchy metal

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Photography: Amanda Leigh Smith 
Stylist/production: Rachel Rox Krantz
Images via: Cake Mag

Has anyone else seen Heavy Metal Parking Lot? I think that doco informed most of my fashion choices from the time I was, say, 19-years-old until now (a lot of dark skinny jeans, heavy/platform boots and flannos).
So now that I've got that out there -- the not-so-well-guarded secret that I mostly dress like an eighties burn-out -- I can get on with what this is actually about: Amanda Leigh Smith has (once again) shot something rad. And said rad thing reminds me a bit of Heavy Metal Parking Lot/Detroit Rock City, hence the digression.
But I'm just so continually impressed by Amanda's -- and Rachel Rox Krantz's -- ability to create and capture a mood, an era, a weird isolated-surburban feeling, a wide-wilderness inhalation, or even resurrect a mostly-extinct subculture.
And this shoot is just so irreverent and playful and badass at the same time. Because, beer-can hair curlers? Yep.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh the little dog is so cute!



    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. that doc is incredible! "i don't know their name, i just know they rock!" or something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang, thanks for the kind words and support Rachel! truly means a lot to me <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...